Ever since PM Modi came into power, Aadhaar card is playing a key role in citizen existence in India. Now, Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has announced the launch of Bal Aadhaar for Infants. The issuing authority for Aadhaar cards has confirmed that new Aadhaar is for infants below 5 years of age. The interesting part of this Aadhaar for infants is it doesn’t require Biometric Information.
Steps To Get Bal Aadhaar cards for kids:
- Visit your nearest Aadhaar enrollment centre with your kid, and fill in the form.
- Provide your child’s birth certificate and either of the parents’ Aadhaar card.
- The applicant child’s photo will be clicked for the Bal Aadhaar card.
- The Child’s Aadhaar card will be linked the parent’s Aadhaar card.
- No biometric information required during child Aadhaar enrolment.
- A confirmation SMS will be sent to the registered mobile number after verification and registration.
- Bal Aadhaar will be sent to the registered address within 60 days of confirmation SMS.
Bal Aadhaar: Blue colour Aadhaar for Kids
This new Bal Aadhaar for Kids will have some identical differences from the regular one. UIDAI has printed the Bal Aadhaar in blue colour to recognize it easily. Also, the Aadhaar authority has declared that Kid’s Aadhaar will have no biometric identification, like Iris scan or fingerprint scans. However, their parents should accompany them where ever such identification is required.
Once the kid crosses 5 years of age, a regular Aadhaar would be issued which include all the biometric details. While this Aadhaar for kids isn’t necessary, it will help kid when he/she applies for Govt. scholarships or any grants for higher education. But, this blue Aadhaar should be converted into proper Aadhaar card with all biometric details updated after 5 years. Nevertheless, this Kid’s aadhaar card will be suspended if proper Aadhaar is not issued after a certain period of its expiration.